Dassy’s Prosecco sparkling cocktail won Food and Wine Magazine’s joint cocktail challenge with Mionetto Prosecco. Over 600 entries were entered and only two cocktails prevailed. The mix of Campari (a very old Italian liqueur) grapefruit and Mionette Prosecco makes for a refreshing and delightful cocktail that’s not too sweet.
- 1 oz. Campari
- 1 oz. Vodka
- Juice of 1/2 pink grapefruit
- Mionetto Prosecco DOC Treviso Brut
- Grapefruit slice and mint sprig for garnish
Glassware: Stemless wine glass
- Combine first three ingredients in a cocktail shaker, shake and pour over ice.
- Top off with Mionetto Prosecco.
- Garnish with a section of pink grapefruit and a sprig of mint.
I am a huge fan of this drink and consider Dassy a local badass. She also has a drink named after her at Ristorante Lombardo: DASSY’S SPECIAL: bourbon, maraschino liqueur, Campari, and lemon. Well done Dassy!