Buffalo Wing Trail
Being the birthplace of the beloved Buffalo-style chicken wing is a badge of honor, and not one we Buffalonians take lightly. I am happy to share the genius of Buffalo Niagara’s Buffalo Wing Trail, a map of 12 of the best wing joints in our region and appropriately coined America’s Tastiest Drive™. Check out the FREE Buffalo Wing Drive Guide here, or pick up a copy at the Buffalo Niagra Visitors Center.
- Variety. The Buffalo Wing Drive showcases not only the best traditional wings, but some new takes on the old classic as well.
- Buffalo’s Best Combos. I believe pizza and wing combos are one of Buffalo’s greatest strengths. It would not be a family celebration without them in my house. With so many to choose from, this guide helps to narrow down the options. All recommendations are solid with a great deal of research behind them. The combos are one of the strongest pulls back to the area, whether it’s kids in college, relatives relocating, or just a vacation, the hankering for a Buffalo pizza and wing combo is undeniable.
- Wing Sides. Again, not a subject to take lightly. Sharp Cheddar toast from five points bakery served with blue chesse is a must-try and my personal favorite, RU’s Chicken wing Pierogi.https://ruspierogi.com/
- The Map. Where are these delicious establishments and how do we get to them? It is spelled out for you in an easy-to-follow one day format, and also include individual restaurant locations if you have a specific wing destination in mind.
- Reiterates Blue Cheese, Not Ranch. This is important, visitors. Blue cheese. That’s it. #neverranch
- Community. The guide creates great hashtags so you can add your own pic — a great way to get creative, stretch yourself, and keep eating those wings while tagging the sites. #wingbuf
Photo credit: Drew Brown
I am going to be honest and give my personal opinion on the best local spot for a Buffalo Chicken Wing… Duff’s.
AND THEY SHIP. Get the details here.
I have been going to Duff’s for over twenty years. Perfection. They are all about the wings with no distractons — just really specializing in the wing. Duff’s is my go-to spot to take all of our out-of-town guests and it’s always a winner.
*I was not paid or perked for this recommendations. All opinions are of own.
Special thanks to Visit Buffalo Niagara! You provided our wings and the region’s restaurants a solid win. Now, let’s get that going with the Bills. #billsmafia