Our resident chef Dana LeMar is a talented cook with excellent presentation skills and the gift of just knowing how people tick. If she recommends it, I recommend it.
Now, I’m not saying I can cook it well, I ain’t no cook, but I can confidently recommend a recipe after tasting and experiencing Dana’s food. Along with being a fine caterer, she has some great taste and is just so much fun to be around (Maybe I owe you all an “At Home “of Dana’s house later? Trust me, it’s darling.)
Full disclosure: Dana is my oldest sister. Don’t worry, no bias here.
Introducing the Stetson Salad. Dana and her foodie friends were all abuzz about a new salad recipe fellow foodie Liz M. found on a trip to Arizona: the signature salad from Cowboy Ciao’s restaurant in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Leave it to Dana to improve on delicious by making it her own. This delicious salad is a combination of salmon, couscous, crunchy pumpkins seeds and buttermilk ranch. Add in arugula and tomatoes too? It’s heaven. Hey, does this count as clean eating? Well, it definitely counts as healthy with a delightful, yet, not too filling taste.
Now a family favorite, when the kids come home from college it’s one of their first meal requests. Now that I can’t stop thinking about it, I’m going to request it..Hey Dana?
The Stetson Chopped Salad is a signature salad from Cowboy Caio's Restaurant in Scottsdale, AZ. Thanks to our blog chef Dana LeMar who took it to another level by making it her own.
*We chose not to include dried corn or currants.
- 4 cups cooked couscous (from 2cups uncooked
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts or 2 cups of smoked salmon
- 1 cup grated asiago cheese
- 1 cup pepitas (salted roasted pumpkin seeds)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups chopped arugula
- We use Marie's Buttermilk Ranch dressing mixed with Wegmans Basil Pesto sauce
- Make a bed of couscous on a large oval shallow serving plate. In a wedge shape arrange the salmon, cheese , pumpkin seeds, tomatoes, and arugula.
- Add Dressing, keep it lite. A little goes a long way.
- Mix and serve.